RISE JUNIOR BOARD
The Rise Junior Board is a leadership group made up of high school students whose mission is to support The Rise School of Austin and act as advocates for inclusion of people of all abilities.
Purpose of the Junior Board
The purpose of the Rise Junior Board is to create an inclusive organization that engages high school students of all abilities to band together to advocate for inclusion and support The Rise School of Austin through fundraising, special events, projects, and growing our reach into the community, as well as to provide opportunities for high school students to work alongside fellow students to support inclusion, develop leadership skills, and fulfill community service hours.
- Participate in activities of the Junior Board including volunteering, fundraising, projects, and special events (ten volunteer hours encouraged, with approximately 40 hours available annually).
- Advocate for inclusion in the community.
- Represent the organization in a positive manner to the community.
- Volunteer opportunities are available September through June.
- Applicant must be a high school student in the Austin or surrounding areas.
- Applicant must be in good standing with the community.
- Applicant must submit the application included below.
- Support and champion The Rise School of Austin’s mission & purpose.
- Willingness to learn, assume leadership and participate fully.
Interested in joining the Junior Board?
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities of the Junior Board:
- Volunteer Opportunities
Decorate, support events, and interact with Rise’s students of all abilities
Spread awareness and encourage community support of Rise’s mission through a fundraising campaign
- Projects to support Rise students
Make learning fun for Rise students with student activities
- Special Events
Create activities and booths for Rise’s carnival
- High School Representative
High School Representatives help recruit, communicate to, and coordinate volunteers from their high school.
Work alongside fellow students to support inclusion
Develop leadership skills
- Fulfill community service hours
Create a more inclusive community
WHERE EVERY STUDENT SHINES