RISE JUNIOR BOARD
The Rise Junior Board is a leadership group made up of high school students whose mission is to support The Rise School of Austin and act as advocates for inclusion of people of all abilities.
Purpose of the Junior Board
The purpose of the Rise Junior Board is to create an inclusive organization that engages high school students of all abilities to band together to advocate for inclusion and support The Rise School of Austin through fundraising, special events, projects, and growing our reach into the community, as well as to provide opportunities for high school students to work alongside fellow students to support inclusion, develop leadership skills, gain experience in financial, fundraising, and nonprofit management, and fulfill community service hours.
- Attend two annual Junior Board meetings (one to two hours each, with four held annually)
- Participate in activities of the Junior Board including volunteering, fundraising, projects, and special events (ten volunteer hours encouraged, with approximately 40 hours available annually).
- Advocate for inclusion in the community.
- Represent the organization in a positive manner to the community.
- Members join for a one-year term and may serve up to four terms. Terms run September through May with additional volunteer opportunities extending through June.
- Applicant must be a high school student in the Austin or surrounding areas.
- Applicant must be in good standing with the community.
- Applicant must submit the application included below.
- Support and champion The Rise School of Austin’s mission & purpose.
- Willingness to learn, assume leadership and participate fully.
Interested in joining the Junior Board?
Please fill out the below application and return it to The Rise School of Austin via mail: Attn: Rachel Parr, 4800 Manor Road, Building J, Austin TX 78723 or email email@example.com.
Questions? Please call 512-772-1261
Activities of the Junior Board:
- Volunteer Opportunities
Decorate, support events, and interact with Rise’s students of all abilities
Spread awareness and encourage community support of Rise’s mission through a fundraising campaign
- Projects to support Rise students
Make learning fun for Rise students with study boxes including books, supplies and toys
- Special Events
Create activities and booths for Rise’s spring carnival
- Committee Chairs
Committee Chairs act as liaison between the Co-Chairs, Committee, and Rise Development office.
- Engagement Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Projects Committee
- Special Events Committee
- Finance Committee
Work alongside fellow students to support inclusion
Develop leadership skills
Gain financial, fundraising, and nonprofit experience
Fulfill community service hours
Create a more inclusive community
WHERE EVERY STUDENT SHINES
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the latest news and events.